jueves, 24 de septiembre de 2009

The Family Tree

The event I'm about to describe doesn't include everyone in my family, but it certainly was something significant for my childhood. Every summer my two sister my mother her sister and her two sons went to Tuxpan, Veracruz. We went there because my mom's brother lived their in a little house with his wife and three dogs. We visited him because when my mom was younger she went with her siblings to visit their father at this same place. There isn't much to do there except swim in the pool and go to the beach. The beach there is next to an electric plant so the water is warm, but at least there's no one around. They used to have a ranch with cows and sometime we would go milk them in the morning and drink some fresh chocolate straight from the cow's teet. We would camp out on my uncle garden because the house was to small to fit us all in. We stopped going to Tuxpan because my mom and her siblings sold the ranch, but I definitely miss going and hope to visit again.

3 comentarios:

  1. very cool, i have a similar memory from Price Edward Island in Canada, however my family also sold that land that was my great great uncle's...kinda sad really

    ResponderEliminar
  2. hey man, can you say "field trip"

    http://www.samadeonthebeach.com/aitutaki_lagoon_map.html

    ResponderEliminar
  3. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgBdkVImysM

    did you sail yesterday? it felt a little windy in the marina...

    ResponderEliminar